Google
 

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Financial worries causing me to have prenatal depression

From what I had read, at least one in ten pregnant women suffers from bouts of depression.
I am in that 10% category. Hormonal changes are making me feel more anxious than usual. Most of the time I'm either upset or very sad. Tears would be rolling down my cheek unnecessarily. The worse part is my children would be the ones taking the effects.

I'm positive that I am depressed because I have at least 2 of these symptoms:
  • A sense that nothing feels enjoyable or fun anymore
  • Feeling blue, sad, or "empty" for most of the day, every day
  • It's harder to concentrate
  • Extreme irritability or agitation or excessive crying
  • Trouble sleeping or sleeping all the time
  • Extreme or never-ending fatigue
  • A desire to eat all the time or not wanting to eat at all.
  • Inappropriate guilt or feelings of worthlessness or hopelessness

I hate being depressed but I just don't know what to do about it.

No comments: